Tue, Feb 21|
NORML Lobby Days '23
Join the oldest and largest cannabis reform organization as we lobby for cannabis reform at the Florida Capitol!
Time & Location
Feb 21, 8:00 AM – Feb 23, 2:00 PM
Tallahassee, Capitol Hill, Tallahassee, FL, USA
About the event
Join the oldest and largest cannabis legalization group at the Florida Capitol! This is a one of a kind experience!
What to expect?
- Lobbying! We will set up appointments with various Florida law makers and we will plead our case for legalization. This offers us the opportunity to discuss why cannabis reform is important to us personally with the people who actually make the laws in our state. Shake hands with members of the Florida House & Senate and tell them how prohibition has effected you and how legalization will help! Schedule to be announced soon!
- Demonstration table. We will set up a table in the main lobby and offer information on cannabis legalization to the general public in the capitol. This will not only serve as a great way to give info to the general public of the capitol (many of them are house reps and senators) but will also provide us with a base of operations and a meeting point.
- Networking Opportunities. This is a great way to meet other people who want change and for similar reasons. However, it wont be all work and no play! We will set up a networking dinner at a local establishment so we can relax and get to know each other a bit better.
Office of Medical Marijuana Use Florida Department of Health Rules Workshops
Monday February 20 9 AM to 12 PM
- 64-4.206 Low-THC and Medical Marijuana Packaging and Labeling
Tuesday February 21 9 AM to 4 PM
- 64-4.300-64.4315 Certified Medical Marijuana Testing Laboratories
Location: Holiday Inn Tallahassee East Capitol – University 2003 Apalachee Parkway, 32301
Tuesday, February 21
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Florida NORML Table Displays in the Capitol (Second Floor Rotunda)
- 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Dinner Meet-Up at Miller's Ale House (722 Apalachee Parkway, 32301)
Wednesday, February 22
- 8:30 AM to 9:30 PM Continental Breakfast (Senate Office Building)
- Meetings with Members
Thursday, February 23
- Meetings with Members and State Agencies
Meetings Schedule for Florida NORML Lobby Days
Date --- Time --- With --- Where
2/21---8:00 to 5:00 PM---Florida NORML Table Displays---2nd Floor Capitol
2/21---2:00 PM --- Rep. Allison Tant (Leon-D) House Healthcare Regulation --- 329 The Capitol
2/21 --- 3:00 PM --- Rep. Robin Bartleman (Broward-D) Democratic Ranking Member House Healthcare Regulation --- 1001 The Capitol
2/21 --- 3:30 PM --- Rep.Yvonne Hinson (Alachua-D) Sponsor of (HB 467, 2022) Legalization of Recreational Marijuana --- 1302 The Capitol
2/22 --- 8:30-10:30 AM --- Continental Breakfast --- 231 Senate Office Building
2/22 --- 10:45 AM --- Senator Victor Torres (Osceola-D) --- Potential Companion Sponsor Marijuana Legalization Bill --- 214 Senate Office Building
2/22 --- 12:45 PM --- Ag Chair James Buchanan (Sarasota-R) --- 400 House Office Building
2/22 --- 3:00 PM --- Laura Anstead Policy Chief Regulatory Reform --- 303 House Office Building
2/22 --- 4:00 PM --- Chris McElroy Policy Chief House Health Regulation --- 214 House Office Building
2/23 --- 10:00 AM --- Kathy Mears Assistant Commissioner of Agriculture --- Plaza Level 10 The Capitol
2/23 --- 1:00 PM --- Jay Ferrin Senate President Deputy Chief of Staff --- Senate President’s Office 409 Capitol